One of the most common body shapes, about 1 in 2 women share this shape! Read on to find out how to dress your beautiful petite body!
How to tell if you're a Petite Athlete?
Some of the common features of an athlete shape are:
- Your bust and shoulders are about the same width as your hips
- You don’t have much waist definition naturally
- You have an athletic build
- You tend to have a flatter bum
- When you gain weight, you tend to gain it evenly all over your
You may not fit all of these points, but if the majority apply to you then chances are you are an hourglass shape!
Best Features of Petite Athlete Body Shape:
Typically for athlete shapes, these are your best features:
- You have a classic model shape that clothes were designed for!
- You are very evenly proportioned
- You have lean arms and legs
These are the areas you want to draw attention to predominantly
Goals For a Petite Athlete:
There are a few things you should always consider when putting
together an outfit that perfectly flatters your petite athlete shape:
- Add more curves to your frame
- Add some width to your upper and lower body
General Tips for a Petite Athlete:
- There are many ways to add curves to your shape, with one of the simplest being wearing curved necklines!
- Scoop neck and sweetheart shapes are super flattering and feminine, giving a softness to your otherwise angular frame
Show off your toned limbs
- If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Show off your lean arms and legs with shorter dresses and short sleeved tops - remember to keep the balance between top and bottom
Elongate your figure
- With an athletic shape, especially as a petite, it can be easy to look short and boxy.
- Elongate your figure with one-shoulder top - this draws the eye right up to the top of the shoulder and makes your body seem longer, whilst adding interesting shapes that break up the ‘boxy’ look
Petite Strawberry Celebrities:
You’re in great company being a petite hourglass! Here are a few celebrities that share your petite body shape:
- Natalie Portman (5'3)
- Reese Witherspoon (5'2)
- Mila Kunis (5'4)
Things to Avoid as a Petite Hourglass:
Drowning your frame
- Super baggy clothes can make you look shapeless, as well as having the double effect of making you appear drowned in material as a shorter person.
Wearing super straight items
- Straight pencil skirts and very straight fitted trousers can accentuate the regularity of your shape rather than giving you the curves
- However we are looking to introduce curves as they will help to balance your frame better, so be cautious with super straight (tailored waistbands can help!)