Similar to an athlete body shape but more narrow, only a handful of women share this body shape with you (including celebrity Emma Roberts). Read on to find out how to dress your beautiful petite body!
Typical features of a Petite Lean Column:
- Your bust and shoulders are about the same width as your hips
- You don’t have much waist definition naturally
- You have a very narrow, slim build (typically wearing bra size 30
- You have a small chest
- You tend to have a flatter bum
- When you gain weight, you tend to gain it evenly all over your
You may not fit all of these points, but if the majority apply to you then chances are you are an petite lean column shape!
Best Features of Petite Lean Column:
Typically for lean column shapes, these are your best features:
- You have a lovely flat stomach
- You are very evenly proportioned
- You have lean arms and legs
These are the areas you want to draw attention to!
Goals For a Petite Lean Column:
There are a few things you should always consider when putting together an outfit that perfectly flatters your petite lean column shape:
- Add more curves to your frame
- Add some width to your upper and lower body
General Tips for a Petite Lean Column:
- There are many ways to add curves to your shape, with one of the simplest being wearing curved necklines!
- Scoop neck and sweetheart shapes are super flattering and feminine, giving a softness to your otherwise angular frame
Show off your toned limbs
- If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Show off your lean arms and legs with shorter dresses and short sleeved tops - remember to keep the balance between top and bottom
Elongate your figure
- With an athletic shape, especially as a petite, it can be easy to look short and boxy.
- Elongate your figure with one-shoulder top - this draws the eye right up to the top of the shoulder and makes your body seem longer, whilst adding interesting shapes that break up the ‘boxy’ look
Petite Lean Column Celebrities:
You’re in great company being a petite lean column! Here are a few celebrities that share your petite body shape:
- Nicole Richie (5'1)
- Emma Roberts (5'1)
- Ashley Olsen (5'1)
Things to Avoid as a Petite Lean Column:
Drowning your frame
- Super baggy clothes can make you look shapeless, as well as having the double effect of making you appear drowned in material as a shorter person.
Appearing very young
- As a petite column, you may often get mistaken for being much younger than you are (which is not always a bad thing!).
- If you want to avoid this, opt for more structured and tailored items rather than basic t-shirts to give a more sophisticated look